Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Katy left today



Katy left today for Africa for 8 weeks! Even though I am extremely proud of her, it was still extremely hard putting her on a plane today that will take her overseas!

She went with a group called Teen Missions International. She will be riding a motorcycle across Zambia and going to different aids orphans rescue units and ministering to them as well as digging wells for fresh drinking water.

She will be sleeping on the ground in a tent with a sleeping bag and blow-up pillow. She will be bathing and washing her clothing using a 5 gallon bucket. I think it takes a really special person to do this. I sure don't know if I could.

1 comment:

PJ said...

We love Katy! Katy rocks!!!!

^_^


Okay, okay, maybe I'm a teeny, weeny, itsy, bitsy, microscopic amount biased. Maybe...but she still Rocks!